Friday, November 16, 2007

An Update About My Day

I did end up writing character sketches, so my writing time wasn't a complete waste.

Just wanted to quickly write about where I'm headed tomorrow. I'm going on my own writer's retreat with a critique buddy to the Sylvia Beach Hotel in the historic Nye Beach section of Newport, Oregon. It's a book-lover's paradise since the bed and breakfast is dedicated to books and famous authors. Each room is even named after an author and decorated in their "style." In July, I stayed for two nights in the Jane Austen room. Copies of each of her novels lined the antique bureau. An afghan-covered reading chair sat in the corner. Crashing waves and a view of the ocean greeted me each morning.

Total bliss.

Check out their website at www.sylviabeachhotel.com.

Lord, please let my fingers fly over the keys!

No comments: