Friday, November 16, 2007

Just Rambling...

(written today at 10:00am)

Today I am finding it quite impossible to work on my novel. I am at Ken’s Artisan Bakery in NW Portland for a change of pace (and croissants) but to my amazement I can’t find any plugs for my laptop. Of course, my battery is dead, so I am stuck with doing the old-fashioned way of writing-- pen and paper. My notebooks are even all at home, so the only paper I have to use is the back of manuscript drafts. Oh well. It’s recycling, right? Better than not having any paper or a pen, for that matter. And the mini chocolate croissants are so good here! I like the hot chocolate, too, if only they could make it a bit hotter. (Tried twice)

I think I’ll try to write some character sketches using the Flemish art books that I’ve brought.

Hey, a corner seat has just opened up! I’m off to snatch it…

Aaah, much better. I hate floating in the center of a café. Must-have-wall-next-to-me-or-nearby.

No more procrastinating! I have to get something done today!

No comments: