Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Absolutely Barely Surviving...

February 8, 2008, brought Baby Scribe into the world, and the world has not slowed down since! The new wee one is a gem, a glorious, shining, finely cut, perfect for a king's crown kind of gem! I love him to pieces, but now I am learning about how to juggle two little ones, and I have to admit, it's tough. I am absolutely barely surviving having these two boys, ages three and seven weeks, especially when Daddy Scribe goes out of town for a week at a time (as he just recently did). What a nightmare. And I only get to look forward to more of those times. Little Scribe has a bit of sibling rivalry issues going on as well, which doesn't help matters. Everbody says that it all should get better in a few months. I can hardly wait!

Oh, and did I mention that I USED to be a writer?

I need to at least continue my Mama Scribe interviews, if only for my own curiousity and "need for inspiration" motives. But when is the key question. I barely sneak in time to read between falling asleep with the baby nursing on my lap and trying to take care of my three-year-old (who doesn't even leave me alone in the bathroom and is now sleeping in my bed, which is another long story...) So the times I've checked email have been minimal, and I owe at least a dozen calls to people. These are the times that I wished I lived closer to family so that maybe, possibly, I could get some writing done.

After, of course, I catch up on my sleep.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wish I could keep your boys for you so you could get a break...BUT it does get EASIER! It's the hard part now. Spence had issues, too, when coop was born...hang in there, mama! You are doing great!!!!